Wednesday, August 25, 2010












When Jack's handlers at daycare ask him about his summer vacation he can tell them all this:
I went to visit my cousins who had all gathered in Maine. At first I wasn't sure we were related, because they are the darkest Irish people I've ever seen. But after a while we had a blast. I had big laughs with my cousin Catrina in the mornings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HKzaur_a5E&feature=search , learned how to answer a phone from my best big cousin Drew (he can ride a bike), and was serenaded by Mia and Hannah. Me likey attention.
I went to the beach every day, collected clam shells, snails, rocks, sand and seawater. It smells awesome, especially when you mix it, let it bake in the sun and pour it out on Aunt Chris' porch.
My mom let me touch hermit crabs and turtles, and my dad let me ride on the big tractor with Uncle Buck. We dug a really deep hole and those gasoline containers didn't even explode. Dad said none of that is really safe but we have insurance.
I got lots of time for hugs and books with my Nana and Pa, learned new words (fish, rububba-ball), and entertained everyone with ability to just sit there and smile.